- Experience: Originally from a telecommunications background with BT, I first got involved in garden lighting in 1987/8 along with Chris Thornton then of The Garden Lighting Company. We were based in Old York Rd, Wandsworth in London for those who may remember us! In 1989 we formed Garden Lighting Installations and this became my company in 1992 thus I have had several years of managing and carrying out the installation side of this 'business'. The last 3 years I have been in a more permanent position as designer. Having had this lengthy hands-on period, I now feel better placed than most to appreciate and advise on what the garden requires when it comes to lighting and how it should be installed.
- Primary Focus: To produce top quality lighting schemes to enhance the evenings whereby the thought is... 'doesn't the garden look nice at night'... not....'the lights are good'.
I would like to give mention to the following people:-
- Chris Thornton of Abraxus - great character - he taught me all I know about garden lighting and supported me through the early days "getting to know you put me in touch with some nice people!"
- David Anderson MD of Louis Poulsen UK ..who supported my company come changing times from installer to designer.
- Tony Craddock also of Louis Poulsen UK....who designed some of the work in the gallery.
- Ernest Francois (honest Ern) of Accountwell - (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) ...he has helped me no end from day 1… "thanks so much for your help Ernie, oh by the way it's your round for lunch!"
- Siddeley Landscapes who have kept the faith. Special thanks go to Randle Siddeley whose company it is a pleasure to work for. To Lee White, the (MD), who has become a good friend and who leads the landscaping teams ably supported by Paul Byford and Brian Dunbar -- they're nice blokes even though they are antipodeans -- and Mark (Oxy) who never finds it too much trouble to help on site.
- Jim Ryall of Creepers - my first golf partner (he should really be 12 handicap)…also my first skiing instructor/partner, and my all time 'occasional glass of wine or two tasting partner' whilst chewing the fat....together with his wife June they have always been my business mentors. Note: Ask to speak to Rob at Creepers Landscapes.
- Alison Sloga, garden designer, who initially gave me the inspiration to create this website .
- Friends, Steve, Tony and Eddie for further inspiration whilst holidaying in the Algarve and suggested I go 'International'.
- James Alexander-Sinclair - despite always walking around in a strange hat, creates some of the best gardens to be seen and just has a way with words!
- James's good friend Mad Harper who built this site…. great job Mad!
- Finally for now but by no means least, Murray Scott who has provided me with some great photography with plans for more to come...... "Your photos say it all Murray!"
My thanks to everyone for your help